the cali producer sits down and explains the making of kendrick’s “real”….
part 2 below, he talks about dre and ali’s contributions to the final product….
mibbs does an ill ass snoop dogg source awards impression
watch till the end….its worth it
a couple things.
– was never a big fan of shawn chystopher, but good for him, getting a look from timbo is a big deal
– i guess cali rappers are the next fad for over the hill producers to piggy back on, (pharrell: buddy, dre: tde , now shawn chrys: timbo)
– soooooooo timbo wants to get back into hip hop? fuck you nigga….thats why jay blackballed (paws)
maybe this will inspire dre 3k to focus on making music instead of complaining about “sixteen bars not being enough” ….well maybe if you laid off the gillette commercials, youd have more time to record more than 16 bars???
also, check out an interview where kendrick talks about the listening session with andre as well as lofty comparisons to illmatic here
the next handful post are gonna be dedicated to the homie kendrick lamar, for finally dropping his anticipated major label debut…..i know i already posted this a while ago, but i think its a good place to start……and for those that havent heard it yet….he doesnt disappoint…AT.ALL
i pride myself on being right before anyone else about artist blowing (khalifa, sean, drake etc…) and feel absolulte shame for being wrong (charles hamilton, asher roth…)
but with those five artist i mentioned, they all had a project, or a mini buzz and i checked them out and gave em a co sign…i hit the shit out of the park with the kid kendrick….
i randomly stumbled upon the “she needs me” video, liked it enough to download the kendrick lamar ep and just like that i thought he was hip hop’s new messiah and i was going to tell any and everyone that would listen…
“they said seven tracks, i said fifteeen, call it an ep, they said im trippin”
so congrats to kendrick for proving me so fucking right….if this doesnt verify that thecensus is gospel…i dont know what willll
this is good promo….DAMN GOOD promo but a couple things rubbing me the wrong way…
1. the fuck is snoop at?!?!?!?! we just gonna forget him?
2. drew didnt find kendrick…he was already an established artist before the interscope deal
3. no mention of tde, ANYWHERE…..he’s a tde artist, that just happens to be distributed by interscope, right???….i dont know how Anthony Tiffith (ceo of top dawg ent.) feels about the spot, but if that was dame dash, you already know he would spazz out (the look on dame’s face at the 2:10 mark is…PRICELESS lol)
even though this is a straight jack of the bone thugs classic, im still fucking with this….they also re enact that classic scene from “nuthin but a g thang” where they run up behind a big tittied bitch playing volleyball and expose them knockers
had a nigga like…..