“you ever been in a bar fight?!?!?!? charles has, ask him”
I’m sure many of you guys saw the quote from danny ainge a couple days ago about the status of the big three and whether he’d be willing to trade them or not this season….if not , here’s a couple quotes….
“I sat with Red (Auerbach) during a Christmas party (in the 1990s). Red was talking to Larry, Kevin, and myself and there was a lot of trade discussion at the time, and Red actually shared some of the trade discussions. And I told Red what are you doing? Why are you waiting?
“He had a chance to trade Larry (to Indiana) for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and (Steve) Stipanovich and he had a chance to trade Kevin (to Dallas) for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was like, ‘are you kidding?’ I mean, I feel that way now. If I were presented with those kind of deals for our aging veterans, it’s a done deal to continue the success.”
he then goes on to say how it’s a different era, and teams arent giving up much for aging stars anymore, which is why he hasnt pulled the trigger yet etc…..
i agree with danny completely, if the c’s dont pick up the pace, and continue on this middle of the pack shit through februrary, it may be time to look at trade options to better the c’s future.
what i dont agree with is how he’s acting like there were’nt extenuating circumstances surrounded by the c’s 20 + years of irrelevance. Red actually did a pretty damn good job to keep the c’s relevant post the original big three (bird, mcale, parish).
Lets analyze three major moves that were made by the late great red:
1. len bias (of UMD) was drafted with a top 3 pick in 1989. a potential perennial all-star, a cant miss type of player.
2. reggie lewis was drafted in the first round in 1987, and was a talent that finally reached his full potential in his 5th season, when he scored his first all star appearance.
3. rick fox was drafted in 1991 in the first round and was an incredibly solid player all around always just missing all star teams. (on a championship team, he’s an excellent 3rd to 4th option, see lakers in early 2000’s )
here’s how those three moves for the future turned out:
1. len bias died of cardiac arrest the NIGHT he was drafted, after trying cocain (which is a helluva druge) for the very first time.
2. in 1993, one year removed from his first all star appearance, reggie lewis, collapsed during a team shoot around and died of cardiac arrest.
3. in 1997 after going through another year of losing, rick said enough is enough and hit the free agent market, landing in LA where he would marry vanessa williams, and start for 3 nba championship teams (Lakers 2000-2002)
……..so those scoring at home thats 2 dead all stars and 1 gone to free agency.
yes, teams lose players to free agency all the time, but i can almost guarantee if reggie and len were there, rick would have thought twice about going to LA.
and what compensation were we given for the DEATH of two major players? you guessed it, nothing. while back in 1984, the league felt so bad for the cleveland cavs and their awful front office decisions, that they just GAVE them an extra draft pick…..LOL.
so no danny, red didnt fuck us, LUCK fucked us.
we’ll see if the c’s get any better this season (i think they will) but if they dont, im very interested to see what danny can pull off wto jump start this rebuilding project. if last year is any indication of what he’s capable of, it doesnt look good . (ILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR LAST YEAR, DANNY, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!)
those counting out last year’s nba champs and last years eastern conference champs should remember one thing…..
and to also never underestimate the damage a running sucker punch can do to ones face……(i couldnt help it)
shouts to american u, ali gold and toth.o
hey….at least he didnt take it to twitter?
whats that kg?
“You are cancerous to your team and our league”
back when lebron said he was going to “bring his talents to south beach” along with bosh and wade, to create a new big three in the nba, as a celtic’s fan i was worried. not panick mode worried, but i raised an eyebrow for sure.
then they stumbled out the gate and people wanted spoelstra’s head on a fucking platter (silly media, you really think that they wanted pat “drill fucking sergeant” riley to run those wind sprint filled practices?)….i sat back and watched and did my best not to overreact like all the media outlets were…but what was just a couple missteps early in the season has turned into a trend…they are looking more and more like cleveland cavs 2.0…
this shit goes hard…..regardless of the lyrical ineptness (the video shows this) that is waka flocka flame…..and you know i love celtic references…
Shout out to Jazz an original B.G. for the video
Hey Dj Humz, you know what’s sad, with John Wall’s knees, he’ll probably never be able to get up like that again.